Botany Downs School prides itself on being a community school that provides high quality teaching where students are at the heart of our school. All children are supported and encouraged to meet their full potential underpinned by our school vision “Our BEST Always” (Beliefs, Excellence, Skills and Thoughtfulness).
Our school culture is based upon our values of Courtesy and Manners, Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, Cooperation, Determination and Tolerance. Our curriculum promotes high standards and expectations while providing opportunities for our students to become independent future focused learners within a safe and caring environment.
We are all extremely proud of our school with its dedicated high calibre staff and supportive Board of Trustees and PTA.
By working together as parents and teachers in a partnership, we will ensure that your child has the best opportunity to succeed with their learning and personal development. We look forward to a happy and positive association with you, your child and your family.
We offer additional programmes for English Second Language students, additional curriculum support in Reading Recovery, Rainbow Reading, gifted and talented, music lessons, choir and kapahaka, and a variety of clubs and sports.
- Principal: Vicki Parkins firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Principal: Lisa Bethune email@example.com
- Deputy Principal: Mark Insley firstname.lastname@example.org
- Junior Team Leader: Lisa Bethune email@example.com
- Middle Team Leader: Jennie Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acting Senior Team leader Yr 6: Joe D’Ambrosio email@example.com
- Acting Senior Team Leader Yr : Sharmila Raj firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Staff –
- Executive Officer Trish Toussaint email@example.com
- Office Administrator Aroha Bishop firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Staff –
- Special Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) Yrs0-3: Lisa Bethune email@example.com
- Special Needs Coordinator (SENCO) Yrs4-6: Mark Insley firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reading Recovery Teacher Sam Foster (Caceres) email@example.com
- Learning Support Coordinator (LSC) Susan Heath firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESOL Coordinator Kate Keenan email@example.com
Term Dates 2021
Term 1 – Tues 2 Feb – Fri 16 April
Term 2 – Mon 3 May – Fri 9 July
Term 3 – Mon 26 July – Fri 1 Oct
Term 4 – Mon 18 Oct – Tues 14 Dec
2021 Teacher Only Dates
Thurs 1 April (attached to Easter)
Fri 4 June (attached to Queen’s Birthday)
Fri 1 Oct (Fri before Term 3 break)
Tues 26 Oct (attached to Labour Weekend)