Welcome to Botany Downs Primary School
Botany Downs was opened in 1975 and is a highly regarded school, with a focus upon high-quality education, community partnership, and family. We are proud of and celebrate the many cultures which attend this school, and consider our children to be our greatest strength.
All children are supported and encouraged to meet their full potential underpinned by our school vision “Our BEST Always” (Beliefs, Excellence, Skills and Thoughtfulness).
Our school culture is based upon our values of Courtesy and Manners, Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, Cooperation, Determination and Tolerance. Our curriculum promotes high standards and expectations while providing opportunities for our students to become independent future focused learners within a safe and caring environment.
We offer additional programmes from Specialist Teachers for: English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Literacy and Mathematics support, Enrichment Programmes in STEAM, Literacy, Mathematics, Music, Swimming, Choir and Kapa Haka. Botany Downs also offers numerous opportunities in sports and clubs.
By working together as parents and teachers in a partnership, we will ensure that your child has the best opportunity to succeed with their learning and personal development. We are all extremely proud of our school with its dedicated high calibre staff and supportive Board of Trustees and Parent Teacher Association (PTA). We look forward to a happy and positive association with you, your child and your family.
We are proud of our school, of our educational standards, of our achievements, and of the happy, safe environment that prevails.
The Board of Trustees and the School Community welcomes International Students into our school.
Botany Downs Primary School offers International Students:
- A teacher who is responsible for International Students and parent liaison
- Full mainstreaming of all students into age appropriate classes
- English tuition groups taught by an experienced, New Zealand qualified teacher
- We provide chromebooks for our Year 3-6 students and ipads for Years 0-2 for learning with digital technologies during school hours
- Specialist swim coaching and music classes
- Free stationery for all international students
- Parent support groups and information sessions
- A welcoming, inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated